Ready to reserve your place? Click below to get your Early Bird Discount
The Get Writing, Get Published! Solution™
Next course starts: Friday 2nd September 2016
Venue: Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent
Have you got a message or story to share? Do people keep telling you “you should write a book”? Maybe you have a great idea for a book but no clue where to start, or perhaps you've started writing but don’t know how to finish? Have you put your writing dreams on hold because you don't think you have the time, money or skills to make them a reality? It's time to think again.
"There is a treasure within YOU that must come out.
Don’t go to the grave with your treasure still within YOU."
Welcome to the third generation of our comprehensive writing and publishing system. The unique Get Writing, Get Published! Solution™ was designed for you. It will lead you step by step from choosing an idea to writing, publishing and profiting from your very own professional quality book. We will guide you through the seven modules of the system, all the way from developing the mindset of a successful author and honing your ideas, through to organising your material, rapidly writing your book and knowing exactly how to get it published. You'll gain unique perspectives, insights and tips on the writing and publishing process from the point of view of the author, the book designer and the publisher - we call this 360° Training. Add in some powerful strategies on how to promote and profit from your book and this really is a complete solution for rapidly writing effective business books - whether you are looking to boost your existing business or create a new business based around your book!
"Creating a book for your business or a business from your book."
At Herkimer Training we are always looking for more effective ways to do things. Working closely with our authors and students allows us to understand what they really need to succeed. This means our courses are constantly evolving as we develop new and innovative ways to help our clients use their books to boost their businesses and build & enrich relationships with their readers, clients and prospective customers. It may sound a little strange, but a book really can have a value to a person or business far beyond its sales revenue - the Get Writing, Get Published! Solution™ helps you maximise this potential.
Early Bird Discount available!
On the course we will cover the seven core modules* of the Get Writing Get Published! Solution™ that take you through the steps to prepare, produce, publish and profit from your book.
It is designed to get you writing and published in the shortest possible time, so you can start benefiting from your book. The course structure keeps you on track and gives you the support you need. This isn't about the theory, this is about getting it done.
This third generation of the Get Writing, Get Published! Solution has been refined and expanded, based on feedback from our students and publishing clients, to address the real-world challenges that people face when setting out to write their book.
"Inspiring, professional and productive - working with Sharon and Lorenzo really enabled me to understand the process and work of writing which is just as important as the creative aspects. 3 months after finishing their course I have a book published and another one almost complete! There can be no greater result from a Get Writing, Get Published course than that!"
Nicola Tonsager author of Working with Angelic Signatures
* We will also be sharing relevant parts of the Book Builder Blueprint™ - a specialist in-depth module aimed at people who want to design and layout their own book.
Here are some of the things you'll discover with the Get Writing, Get Published! Solution™
- The four questions you need to answer before you even write a word
- A proven method for rapidly constructing your book that will virtually eliminate 'writer's block'
- The psychology of writing a brilliant back cover blurb
- Identifying the right subject to achieve your goals
- How to ensure you deliver maximum value for your reader
- How to come up with a great title that will appeal to the widest possible audience
- A book designers tips on how to increase 'shelf appeal' and readability
- Identifying reader 'resistance' up front and how to handle it
- How to make money from your book before it even goes to print
- How to build a relationship with your audience that goes far beyond the book
- Why the right book should have big benefits for you and/or your business and how to make sure it does
- Why you need a physical copy of your book and what you need to know to prepare for print
- Discover the steps used by the biggest and best publishing houses to bring their books to market, and why self-published authors (even the successful ones) can end up wasting time and money by not following them
- Creating compelling covers and the mistakes you must avoid
- The anatomy of a book - what needs to go into your book and where
- Which is the best publishing option for you and how to get published easily & affordably
- What you need to know about book pricing and royalties
- Effective strategies to help you get the most from your book, including one that netted one of our clients over £20,000 before their book was even launched
- How and when to start promoting your book with tips on marketing & PR both on and offline
- How to overcome the 'blocks' that can hold you back or stall your progress
- And, of course, our 360° Training giving you insights and advice from the perspective of the author, book designer and publisher for a fully rounded view on how to create a book that will really work for you
Early Bird Discount available!
The Get Writing, Get Published! Solution™ consists of 3 full training days spread over 8 weeks. This means you will get to put what you learn into practice while you are actually on the course. This format gives a real kick-start to your project and provides a level of accountability over the crucial first 60 days as you establish your writing regime. By the end of the training you will know exactly how to get your book written & published, and how to do it quickly & effectively.
"If you haven't taken the Get Writing, Get Published Course yet, WHAT are you waiting for! These guys are the real deal - if I, a 48 year old Tradesman, can get published and even dream to sell 3,000 in three weeks then so can you. Don't sit on your dreams any longer."
James Dewane - Bestselling author or The S.P.A.R.K.S. Blueprint
The Course at a Glance
3 Full Training Days: all Fridays
Next dates: 2nd September, 7th October and 4th November 2016
Time: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Venue: The Beaufighter Room, 70 Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4 YU
Networking lunch - buffet and refreshments included
Course fees include all training materials
Access to our private Facebook group - as part of our author community you can get the support you need before, during and after the course
Access to our online Author Resources
Note: we keep the group sizes small to ensure you receive the attention you need - so places are limited
No-Risk Satisfaction Guarantee
We offer a simple no nonsense guarantee:
If, by lunchtime on the first day, you are not satisfied that the course is for you, just let us know, hand back the course materials and we will arrange to refund your course fees in full. You even get to stay for lunch - you can't say fairer than that!
How to Get to the Venue
The Beaufighter Room, 70 Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4YU
Churchill Square is just a few minutes walk from the retail centre at Kings Hill with over 20 shops and is closely located to J4 on the M20.
Trains: West Malling station is approx 2 miles away. Journey times (approx): London Victoria in 51 minutes. Ashford International in 30 minutes. The high speed trains stop at nearby Snodland station, just 5.8 miles away, for St Pancras International in 45 minutes. A local shuttle service provides a direct link between West Malling station and Kings Hill.
Buses: Kings Hill is well served by bus services, operated by a number of national operators. Buses from Kings Hill provide connections between a variety of destinations including Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Chatham and Rochester.
Airports: Gatwick - 35 miles/ London City - 34 miles.